southcitybulletin.com.au (website) is owned by Brijova Consultants Pty Ltd, ABN 42 094 361 789, publishers of South City Bulletin, Shop 6, 3-15 Dennis Rd, PO Box 279, Springwood, QLD 4127.
The website is updated by the South City Bulletin team for your pleasure and you are welcome to browse the content subject to these terms, or the usual terms relating to websites.
While South City Bulletin has done everything in its power to make sure the content on the site is correct at time of being published, South City Bulletin takes no responsibility for errors specific to content provided by a third party, if content has changed since time of publishing, or technical or typographical errors. If you find any errors, please contact us and we will endeavour to update as quickly as possible. The content contained on the website is subject to change without notice.
South City Bulletin makes no warranties to the quality, accuracy, and completeness of the content. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which South City Bulletin shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
The website contains numerous links to other third-party websites (TPW). South City Bulletin cannot guarantee the links will be maintained following the published date if TPWs change URL page details.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
South City Bulletin owns the copyright to the website so no content, images, graphics, layouts and other components cannot be reproduced without prior approval. South City Bulletin is the author of all original material on the website and should be recognised in all situations. You can link to content on the website if you credit South City Bulletin with providing the content on your website. As a courtesy, please email us here if you are considering this.
Images displayed on this web site are the property of Brijova Consultants Pty Ltd. Businesses featured throughout the site may use their photos on their Facebook timelines without prior consent however photos must be credited to South City Bulletin – www.southcitybulletin.com.au.
All images may not be redisplayed on another website without permission from South City Bulletin.
Please contact us here if you wish to obtain a reproduction of an image or if you wish to obtain permission to redisplay an image on another web site.
The purpose of this statement is to let you know what information is collected about you when you visit the South City Bulletin website, how this information is used, to whom it is disclosed, and your ability to have any incorrect personal information amended. Our goal is to provide you with a satisfying experience while allowing you to control your privacy and to give you a means to voice any questions or concerns you may have. This statement has been prepared in accordance with the Australian Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
South City Bulletin is committed to protecting your privacy while interacting with our site. We want to provide a safe and secure environment for all. Information is collected from you primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. Depending on the service you are accessing, you could be asked to provide information such as your name, email address or information about what you like and do not like. It is entirely your choice whether to respond to these questions or not. We will only use any personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it.
THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The South City Bulletin website collects two types of information. The first type is anonymous information. The web server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- The user’s server address
- The user’s top level domain name (e.g. com, .gov, .net, .au, etc.)
- The date of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited, and
- The type of browser used
- Domain site cookies
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law-enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s logs.
The second type of information that South City Bulletin collects is personal information. Personal information is requested in order to provide personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users. Personal information requested in this site includes:
- email address – we will record your email address if you send us a message, subscribe to an email newsletter, or complete a form where this information is requested. If subscribing to an email newsletter you may “unsubscribe” at any time from the newsletter mailing list. Email addresses will not be added to any other mailing lists. We will not disclose your email address without your consent unless required to by law.
- name, address and phone number – the website includes forms where name, address and mobile phone number are requested. In these cases, personal details are required to enable subsequent contact with you and/or to enable authentication of the information provided. We will not collect or solicit personal information via this website that would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of South City Bulletin, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive. Because there are risks associated with using the internet as a transmission medium, when we use electronic forms to collect information we will also provide you with other options for providing the information – for example, a paper form and mailing address and a telephone contact.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
User Generated Content includes all creative content uploaded onto southcitybulletin.com.au. i.e. photos, recipes, events, reviews, comments, data posting and all other text material.
Persons submitting content to southcitybulletin.com.au may be held legally responsible for the content they submit.
By submitting any content including images to South City Bulletin to the following areas, Events, Community Notices and Community Events, you warrant South City Bulletin that:
- The details contained in your entry are true and correct
- You have the legal ability to accept these terms and conditions and to grant the rights contained in these terms and conditions to South City Bulletin; and
- If South City Bulletin exercises the rights contained in these terms and conditions (for example, by publishing your entry), it will not infringe the rights of any third parties.
- For all user generated content submissions, South City Bulletin will accept all information provided in the good faith that it is original and have not been plagiarised from any outside source or breached any copyright laws. All user generated content shall indicate and imply total originality and will not be the responsibility of Brijova Consultants PTY LTD if proven otherwise. If used, the user submitted content remains the copyright of the person submitting. South City Bulletin retains exclusive rights to the submitted content for use on the South City Bulletin website, magazine publication and any other promotional materials and/or advertisements. By submitting your content, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- South City Bulletin reserves the right to alter or not publish user submitted content.
- You indemnify South City Bulletin, its publisher, agents or staff against any loss, damage or claim for compensation resulting from your breach of any of these warranties or these terms and conditions.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs to improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
We will only use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent. There may be occasions where it will be necessary for South City Bulletin to disclose your personal information to third parties. South City Bulletin may be required by law to disclose the information, or may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the service you have requested. For example, if you subscribe we will need to disclose your personal information to third parties in order to send you e-newsletters. Under no circumstances will South City Bulletin sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. Transmissions sent to or from South City Bulletin are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our website. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
HOW USERS CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The South City Bulletin website holds your personal information. To request any corrections, please email us here or mail at the contact information listed below.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This privacy statement applies only to South City Bulletin and not to other companies’ or organisations’ websites to which it is linked. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Any content on these websites that does not relate to the official business of South City Bulletin must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by South City Bulletin. No warranty is made that the websites or links are free from computer viruses or other defects.