Life can get quite overwhelming at times – work stresses, financial strains, relationships – which can often leave us feeling drained, stressed and unmotivated. If you’re stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment, here are three simple ways to lift your spirits!
Unfortunately for many of us a Lamborghini or a million-dollar mansion is just not on the cards, but that doesn’t mean our lives are destined to be doom and gloom.
We often overlook what we do have and focus on what we don’t – which is completely normal living in such a hectic materialistic world – but focusing on the negatives only makes us feel terrible and unhappy.
When you start being grateful for the things you have, your outlook on life will become brighter and you’ll start to feel a lot happier. If you’re feeling down about your situation, try these simple tips to boost your happiness.
- Get yourself a gratitude diary (or a notebook will do), then fill it with positivity and motivation! Try writing down the positive things you do or face each day, list the things your grateful for each morning, jot down inspirational quotes, your goals or creative ideas. Get motivated and excited about your life!
- Place motivational and positive sticky notes around the house or office. That way, everywhere you look you’ll see something positive!
- Take a moment to zone out and meditate! Life can be overwhelming at times, especially when you have a lot on, so make sure you have some time to relax! Meditating will help you focus and put your mind at ease with the tasks at hand.
Once you start focusing on the positives in your life (the things we overlook every day), you’ll see exactly how much you do have to be thankful for. Don’t eliminate the possibility of having a Lamborghini or a mansion all together, if that’s what you want, but don’t dwell on it either. Be thankful for what you do have!
Taking action for something you want is very important for your overall happiness. If you have goals, dreams and aspirations you can’t just sit around and hope they’ll come to you, you have to take action and work hard for them!
If you keep wondering ‘what if’ you’re only going to end up frustrating yourself! If your dream has always been to open your own business or change careers or travel overseas; look into it, see what needs to be done and take little steps each week to get there. Every step you take is going to make you feel more confident and accomplished!
We know what you’re thinking, ‘oh god no’, but waking up just that little bit earlier can make you feel on top of the world! Why? How?
Simple answer is, you can get a lot more done!
Whether it’s doing the dishes, catching up on your emails or simply going for a jog, waking up just 15mins earlier can do wonders for your day and help you feel more productive!
If you’re not an early riser, here are a few tips to help you get in the habit:
- Do it gradually. Set your alarm just 2 mins earlier each day, and build that up to 15, 20, 30mins.
- Give yourself something to look forward to. Whether it’s a latte from the café down the road, a walk to the park or a breaky catch-up with your bestie before work, give yourself something to look forward that morning and it will help you get up quicker!
- Get to bed earlier. Yes, it’s a simple one, but it’s often the hardest to follow. Get to bed earlier and you’ll feel better in the morning!